photo Header2.jpg

July 07, 2014

Day 21; Lapa Adventure!


We went to Escadaria Solaron and Arcos do Lapa today.. Fhara wanted us to play Snoop Dog's song but no one had internet so it wasn't possible! lol

We took the metro and arrived mid afternoon. The Arches were really pretty and they were in the middle of the street, I always thought they were somewhere more "isolated".. 



And of course we took a couple of selfies before we left!



Now, it was time for the famous "Escalera de Lapa"! We walked two blocks and found lots of people gathered at the end of the street, we knew we had found them.. 

The stairs looked picture perfect! They were beautiful and I didn't expected to see soo many countries/cities represented in those steps.. 225 steps of which I only walked more than half..  


We got to the top and took a couple more pictures..




I found to important tiles that represent most of my life.. Real Madrid and Puerto Rico! 



Of course we had to take the famous picture every tourist dies for.. and I love the picture! :) 


Eddie was the only brave one to get on top of this thing to take a picture.. In my defense I was wearing flats!! 

 
We had a great time exploring another piece of Rio.. We're deciding which place we're visiting next! 

Tomorrow is our first beach day in Rio but it's also a very important day for Brazilian "futebol". I believe in my team 100% and I have faith that they can beat Germany and get to the final!! Em busca do HEXA!! Vaii Brazil!! 

Love,

Mayte

No comments:

Post a Comment