photo Header2.jpg

July 13, 2014

Day 26; Dinner date in Rio!


The weather improved significantly so we decided to go to the beach! If you really know me you know that I don't get in the water at the beach. I made Fhara a "bet/promise" that I was going to finally do it in Rio.. I tried, I really did, but the water was extremely cold and the tide was super high! 





Near the beach we found the present for my brother. Honestly, he's the most difficult person to buy him something! I know he's going to like what I got him! :) In the meantime, Noelia decided to buy a sarong and luckily for us a really good looking German decided to start exercising.. And of course we told her to take her time!! lol 


During our beach excursion we met Argentinians, Germans, Mexicans and Colombians.. See, you don't have to go "hunting" to meet someone! ;)

Brazil was scheduled to play at 5pm and of course I was going to se my Seleção play! I'll always have faith in my team and I'll support them even though they're going through a rough path! I still remember 2006-2010 like it was yesterday and I still belive in them like I did when I was 6! I'm not going to go into detail about the match but the referee had a lot of influence in the score.. Watch out with the Seleção in Russia!!!

After the game, it was date night! (That's what we call it when we go to dinner at a fancy restaurant.) We went to "Churrascaria Palace" and it was extremely amazing! The restaurant is by far one of the best restaurants I've eaten at! Texas de Brasil is nothing compared to it.. We ate until we couldn't even breathe! lol


We walked around a little bit and we met some Germans that hate Argentinians too and invited us to join them for some drinks.. We said we couldn't because we were supposed to spend time with our friends.. We wished him luck for tomorrow and told him that he'll need a new shirt after tomorrow with Germany's 4th star!

Tomorrow is the end of the World Cup and I can't believe I was blessed enough to experience most of it in Brasil. I still can't belive I actually met the country I always wanted to visit. Maybe when I get back to Miami I'll start to believe it! 

It's no secret I can't stand Argentina even though my favorite player is Gonzalo Higuain. Yes, I'll be happy if he finally gets to experience the joy of being a World Cup Champion but I don't want them to win. Germany always is one step short of the trophy and they've been playing amazingly. They play like a team regardless of who's on the pitch and they totally deserve to win their 4th World Cup. I'm rooting for you Germany!

We're planning to watch the game with our Argentinian friend (the one we met in Fortaleza) and we're hoping for a great match! I'll be extremely disappointed if the referee plays a huge part during the game and ends up influencing the score.. 

I expect Rio to be a huge party tomorrow! Go Germany!!

Love,

Mayte

No comments:

Post a Comment