photo Header2.jpg

July 13, 2014

Day 27; Adeus World Cup 2014!


The day everyone was waiting for since South Africa 2010, was finally here! The stage for the World Cup final was set..

We woke up early and decided to walk around Copacabana to visit the official store of the FIFA. The store had no merchandise but I was able to find a book that recaps the 100 years of my Seleção! I haven't read it but I can't wait to start! 


After the shopping spree it was time to find a place to watch the game. Rio de Janeiro was infested with Argentinians but you can easily spot the Germans. We went to the same restaurant we watched Germany vs Brasil and I was hoping for a German win.


Next to us was a table of Argentinians who wanted us to bet to a German win. We didn't but now I wished I had! The game was mostly dominated by the Germans and Gonzalo Higuain missed the chances for Argentina. I love the guy but it makes me extremely mad that the guy is always offside!! 


The guy with the hat didn't believed me when I told him that about Higuain, after the game he came over to tell me I was completely right.. He's my favorite player, you can't argue with me about him! :)

We met a couple from London and she was one of the sweetest/nicest girls we've met during our trip. We're definitely going to keep in touch with them..

Germany made history with the win, they became the first European team to win the World Cup in the Americas. And if you ask me, they totally deserve their 4th Championship. They've been working hard for the past World Cups and they played amazingly.

If you think what Mexicans did after the penalty was called in the round of 16 match was disriapectful, I don't have words to explain Argentinians actions today. After Germany scored, they started to get into fights. When the game ended, they went to the streets and started stoping traffic by sitting in front of cars/busses, and since they didn't wanted to move, the police had to close the street and call reinforcements. Also, they were insulting Brazilians like always.. You shouldn't disrespect the country that gave you a place to stay/food for free and welcomed you with their arms open. Learn how to lose and some sportsmanship and I think people might change the image they have of you.. 




In our way home we met some Germans and we had to take a picture with them.. 


So far, this has been the best experience of my life. I can't wait to experience the ambiance in Russia 2018! 

Tomorrow we're going in the hunt for the last souvenirs we need.. 

Congratulations Germany!

Love,

Mayte

No comments:

Post a Comment