photo Header2.jpg

July 15, 2014

Day 29; Time to say goodbye. . .


I can't believe I'm writing my last post in Brazilian soil.. I still remember when I was writing my first post when we arrived in Porto Alegre! 

I don't even know how to explain all of our experiences during our trip. We arrived in Brazil not knowing what to expect and we're leaving with lots of great memories, new friends and awesome experiences..

I know I keep saying that I can't believe I was able to be in Brazil for 30 days. It's true, I've never felt this blessed in my life. Yes, I've accomplished most of the things I've wanted in life but I see those as the reward after hard work. This trip was something else.. I'm grateful that I was able to explore this country that I was wanting to meet since I was 6. Brazil was the one that made a 6 yr old fall in love with football, but now I can certainly say Brazil is the only responsible for my endless and forever love for this beautiful sport! 

I can't honestly count all the amazing things we have done or all the people we've met.. I'm extremely gratefull that I was able to meet people I can call my friends now. I will never forget something Gabriel (our Argentinian friend) told us, "I'm poor but I'm extremely happy", honestly that's soo true! I don't care about any material stuff, the only thing that matters to me is that I'm happy where I'm at in my life! And I am.. :)

Today, we had to say goodbye to our friends and Rio de Janeiro. It was extremy hard for me to say goodbye to Rio. I didn't wanted to leave, but I'm hoping I can go back soon! Our day started extremely early, 2am to be more exact! We got to the airport and the only thing we wanted to do was sleep. Our flight was scheduled for 11:10am so we didn't had anything else to do but wait. Eddie camped with us just to wait to check in to his hotel.. 



That was our camp site and even if you can't see him, Eddie was there too! lol 

Since we bought a couple of souvenirs (maybe too many) we had to check in our bags.. I've never seen an airline do this to a bag before in my life! My bag arrived fine so I'm not going to complain.. 


When we arrived in Porto Alegre I couldn't believe all the luggage we have! It wasn't like we were gone for a month or something! oh.. wait, we were! lol :)


It felt really weird arriving in the city where everything started. The airport was empty, the streets were very quiet and it doesn't even look like the vibracious city we first met. 

I can't believe we have to say goodbye to Brazil tomorrow and honestly I'm not ready for it. It might sound silly but it's going to be really hard for me.. This country allowed me to experience my first World Cup. Brazil made a 20 yr old dream a reality and I'm always going to be extremely grateful for it. I only have words of gratitude to all the people we've met during our trip that helped us along the way. I can say I've fallen in love with this country, the food, the people, the language and the beautiful sights.. 

Brazil, you're going to be extremely missed and you're always going to have a special part of my heart.. I hope I can see you again in my lifetime..

Love,

Mayte  



No comments:

Post a Comment