photo Header2.jpg

July 14, 2014

Day 28; Obrigada Rio de Janeiro!


I feel extremely blessed right now.. I still can't believe I was able to visit the city I wanted to meet since I was 6.. 20 years ago I fell in love with football, USA 1994's fault.. Brazil 2014 is the responsible for making me fall even more deeply in love with this beautiful sport! 

Rio de Janeiro is one of the most beautiful cities I've been able to visit. I'm grateful that I was able to fullfill my promise to a 6 yr old girl and I took her to meet Rio. As soon as we were minutes away from landing in Rio, I became that girl again.. You can ask Fhara, she even told me to behave and relax! I just couldn't control my excitement and I still can't believe I was able to spend 12 days exploring every corner of the city..

We visited all the typical tourist places but we also went to places the locals recommended us. Everyone in Rio was very friendly, helpful and I was able to meet people from all over the world. 

Today, we went to breakfast to a place named "Confeitaria Colombo". It's 120 years old, the place is beautiful and the food was delicious! I was able to eat the waffles I've been craving for the past 2 weeks! :)







The hot chocolate was one of the best I've drank in my life! 

After breakfast we went to the market to buy the last souvenirs we needed. I couldn't ignore the resemblance of the town with San Juan, Puerto Rico.. 




I guess you can say, "you're always thinking about home!"

We enjoyed every single minute of our last day in Rio and I can't believe I have to say goodbye in just a couple of hours..

Rio, I can guarantee you we're going to see each other again!! 

Love,

Mayte

No comments:

Post a Comment