photo Header2.jpg

June 28, 2014

Day 12; Suffering in Fortaleza!


Today was our first beach day in Brazil.. and it was amazing! The weather and the water were more than perfect! 

Look at this beauty!





We spent an hour just laying in the water relaxing waiting until 1pm to see Brazil play.. We didn't wanted to leave this place! 



Before we left we had to leave our mark on the beach even though it disappeared away just a couple of minutes later.. lol


And of course we joked a little bit! 

 


I don't have a picture but Fhara fell and it was hilarious!!! hahaha 

It was time to see Brazil play and I was more nervous than ever! 



We met a couple of Mexicans and an Argentinian in our hotel and they saw me suffer pretty badly! The game was extremely intense! I never thought they were going to win easily but I never expected the game to go to a penalty shoot out! It was the longest 120 minutes of my life! And I'm ignoring the Champions League Final, that's another story! :)

I couldn't keep watching the game, minutes passed and nothing happened! I had my full trust in Julio Cesar and man he definitely came through! He played an amazing game and those penalties he stopped gave me faith to believe we could win this game! I'm grateful Fhara didn't recorded my reactions during the penalties 'cause I was a complete mess! lol

At the end, I'm grateful we're going to the quarter finals but they need to improve their game big time from now on.. It's not going to be an easy ride to the Hexa that's for sure!

After the game and a shower it was time to eat.. We went to the little restaurant in the corner and the food was good..




Yes, we ate all of it!! :) Those juices (sucos) were the best thing we've had since we got to Brazil! I'm definitely having more sucos of maracujá (passion fruit) and acerola! 

Our Argentinian friend gave us an argentinian chocolate bar but we haven't tried it yet.. I'll let you know how it was, but since it's chocolate I know it's going to be good! lol


Tomorrow we're going to our third and final game of this World Cup.. Netherlands vs Mexico! I know my best friend and her mom would die to be here but, they know I can't stand the "Power Rangers"! That's how I call them because of their horrible jerseys! lol

I can't wait to see the game and keep exploring this amazing city!

Love,

Mayte

No comments:

Post a Comment