photo Header2.jpg

June 10, 2014

Packing 101. .

"There is always a sadness about packing, I guess you wonder if where you're going is as good as where you've been" - Richard Proenneke


I have to admit, I'm the biggest procrastinator you'll ever meet! I always wait until the last minute to do everything, and I really mean everything.. I always do "lists" in my head but I never start completing them until I actually start feeling stressed about it. I guess, I work better under pressure!

The hardest part about packing for a 30 day trip is not knowing the weather.. It's winter in Brazil and temperatures are going to fluctuate from 40ºF - 80ºF depending on the city. So that means that I need to be prepared for waking up in a 40ºF weather in Porto Alegre or get dressed for a really hot day in Fortaleza..

I decided to only take a backpacking bag as my luggage. Right now, I'm doubting my decision but it might help me stay on budget!! lol




I decided to take enough clothing for 7 days and do laundry each week.. All my tops can be worn with all my shorts/jeans and I also packed 2 dresses that can be worn to the beach or to go out..






I'm also taking 2 bathing suits, a jacket and a scarve to change a little bit my outfits but it can also be worn like a saron at the beach..




My beautiful jersey could not be absent in my bag.. Vamos Brasil, rumbo a HEXA!!! :)




I'm only taking 2 pair of sneakers and flip-flops.. If I'm going out at night, I'll be wearing flip-flops! I was told that would make me look like a local so we'll see! lol




Last things in my bag are a small backpack and a purse. Pacsafe makes the best things for traveling! (Check them out!) They're antitheft and have a special rfid pocket..




Yes, it seems like I'm taking a lot of stuff but trust me, everything is going to fit!




Brazil, can't wait to meet you in 6 days!




Love,
Mayté


No comments:

Post a Comment