photo Header2.jpg

June 23, 2014

Day 7; Brazilian madness in Brasilia!


Today was a big day for us.. We took the bus for the first time!! And we survived! 


It was an easy ride, mostly because all the buses were working specifically for the game..

I was in heaven because Brazil played here today! You could see flags, scarves, hats, shirts among other things everywhere!! People started cheering early in the morning and it looked like a party everywhere you went..

We walked to find a place to see the game and we couldn't find one close to the stadium where I was hoping to see my Seleção pass by.. 

We watched the game with a bunch of Brazilians and it was really awesome. There's nothing like watching a Brazil game that's being played just a couple of miles away.. I never thought I'll be experiencing the madness that the national team creates in the country!

Everything and I mean everything closed an hour before kick off just because Brazil was playing.. It was awesome to see that, their lives trully revolve around "futebol"!

I wanted them to win but deep down I was hoping to be able to see them in Fortaleza for the round of 16.. I'm happy that they started to play beautifully just like they know how to do it. I'm looking forward to see 4 more games of my Seleção! My jersey needs another star!! :)

 
Tomorrow we're going to visit the "Catedral Metropolitana" among other historic places.

I'll talk to you guys then. .

Beijinho,

Mayte

No comments:

Post a Comment