photo Header2.jpg

June 12, 2014

My first love. .

"To me, soccer is so much more than a ball and two goals, it connects people from all the corners of the world" - Anonymous


1994

I was 6 when I found my first love.. "Fútbol"! I remember the exact moment when I fell deeply in love with this sport. I suddenly came across the 94' World Cup and an amazing team called Brazil.. At that point, I didn't knew anything about it but who better to mesmerize me with the magic than Cafú, Dunga and my favorite player of all times; Ronaldo!! Brazil ended up winning their 4th World Cup and I knew I made the best decision of my life!

Since that day, it's been an amazing journey for me and "fútbol". .

1996

It was really simple for me to love Real Madrid instantly. There was something about those Merengues that captivated me! But also, there was an amazing Brazilian playing for the team; Roberto Carlos! Anyone that knows about soccer knows that he's just amazing but the thing I love the most about him is how humble he is!

1998

The expectations for Brazil this year were huge! They did an amazing tournament and I felt like they were going to win another star.. I was heartbroken when they lost the final against France! I simply couldn't explain how I felt.. I just wanted to forget about this World Cup and start thinking about the next one..

Thankfully, Real Madrid gave me the 7th Champions League that year!

2000

What else to say about this year than the 8th Champions League came to Madrid!!!

2001

The only thing Real Madrid knows how to do is win and give their fans lots of glory.. They won La Liga and Spain's Super Cup this year..

2002

Another World Cup around the corner but first.. the 9th Champions League for Real Madrid!!! It was the best way to start this tournament..

I'm always hopeful about any of my teams and I believe until the last second. I wanted Brazil to win more than anything! The tournament was held in Korea-Japan and that meant that all the games were held 12hours ahead! Yes, I changed my sleeping cycle just to see my guys play.. I was beyond excited when they got to the finals against Germany..

I'm not going to lie, I was a little apprehensive since Oliver Kahn had kept a clean sheet for a really long time! I trusted my guys but I knew that it was going to be a really though game. For my personal pleasure, Ronaldo scored 2 goals and gave Brazil their 5th World Cup!!! We were Pentacampeones!!

After the World Cup, Real Madrid gave me the best news ever!! Ronaldo was signing with Real Madrid!! My favorite player and my favorite team.. perfect combination!

2006-2010

For Brazil and Real Madrid these were really though years but I still supported my teams no matter what! Real Madrid won several titles along the way but we kept struggling.. Brazil couldn't figure out their game and were eliminated in the Quarterfinals during the next 2 World Cups..

2011

For the first time in 15 years I was experiencing my first Brazil and Real Madrid games! Both were amazing and I couldn't believe that I was finally watching them play! I honestly think that everyone should go to a match at least once in their lives!! The energy is indescribable..

2012

This season Real Madrid won the League and it was one of the best seasons of the club!! It was an EPIC season!! I also got to see them play again and the energy keeps surprising me..

2014

I've been waiting for this year since I was 6. After I fell in love with Brazil, I decided that I wanted to go there. When FIFA announced that Brazil was going to be the host of the 2014 World Cup I though it was the perfect time to visit the country.. I've been planing this trip for 4 years now and I can't believe this is actually happening!

I can't wait to make this year one of the best years of my life!! I'm extremely anxious to meet the country that made me fall in love with this beautiful sport!!

Brazil, vamos rumbo a o HEXA!!






Love,


Mayté


PD: sorry for the super long post but when it comes to "fútbol", I can go on and on and on.. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment